Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote, wrote an excellent article on the real deal for building a team. From a small start up to a Fortune 500 company, these rules will help you create the team you need to be successful in your business.
1. Start with close friends, either their recommendations or hire them.
2. Hire people smarter than you (in their field). STRONGLY recommend this!
3. Make them write. How people write is a better barometer than how they talk.
4. Make sure they talk sense. Even technical people have to be understood.
5. Move obstacles out of your employees way once you hire them.
6. Don’t hire anyone that you don’t think you can fire. Give that some thought.
Creating a winning team is the most valuable thing you can do to make your company successful. Even if you have the best product, service, price and process, without a quality team, you cannot be successful. You can read all of Mr. Libin’s article here.
Managepoint can help you build your winning team. Outsourcing your human resources department to us will allow you to focus on your business while we assemble and manage your team. From hiring to payroll to benefits and training, we do human resources better and at a reduced expense, so you can be more profitable. Call us today for more information.