Employees are the most valuable resource of any company. Keeping your good employees and adding to your human resources is typically the hardest job for a company. While people do leave or retire, and surprises do happen, by keeping a current prospective list of candidates and vetting them so that you could hire them in a short amount of time, you can save yourself a lot of time and frustration, and avoid hiring just to fill the position. Here are seven really good tips on a functional hiring process that will improve who and how you hire from exabyzness.com:
1) Start with the end in mind. Know exactly what you want in this employee.
2) Have a backlog a viable candidates. Keep in touch with them, even if you don’t have an opening at the time.
3) Know what qualities it takes to get the job done…and find people with those qualities.
4) Use a scorecard, so you can go back and look at candidates while choosing.
5) Use the same interview process, and ask similar questions during interviews so you can compare and contrast candidates.
6) Use a valid pre employment assessment. Have it geared toward the characteristics you are hiring for.
7) Use a good partner to outsource your hiring and/or HR process. If you are a small company, or are struggling with HR, outsourcing with a company like Managepoint is a great idea.
You can read more about the hiring process here.
Managepoint helps hundreds of companies with payroll, benefits, training and administration services. We do HR so you can do business.