You have found good talent, taken them through the interview process, did all the negotiations, got them on-board, and they are steadily working to help your company meet and exceed their goals. So, how do you keep your employees engaged to their job and your company? Patti Johnson from TLNT.com has some great suggestions:
1) Be a cheerleader. Encouragement and praise still go a long way with employees.
2) Small talk is a great sign of sincerity. Let employees know they matter with simple conversations and really learn who they are.
3) Solve Problems. Do things that make employees job easier. Really try to help them.
4) Show up at non scheduled meeting times. Let your employees see you are accessible. Stop by their desk, stop by their meetings and offer to help.
5) Don’t LIE. Do what you say you are going to do…always!
You can read more of Patti’s thoughts here
At Managepoint, we do Human Resources for companies so they can concentrate on business. We do payroll, benefits, training and administrative processes for hundreds of companies. Call us today to see how we can do HR more effectively and less expensively, and increase your bottom line.