There are lots of thoughts out there about HR departments and social media. It seems like every company has a policy on using social media, not using, rules to use, personal accounts on company time, and on and on and on. Some companies even have pages dedicated to departments, including Human Resources. With more Human Resources departments being involved or making decisions on Social Media, we thought it would be fun to see what some projections for Social Media use in HR might look like in 2013. Susan Avello posted some thoughts on We Know Next’s website. Her projections include:
1) Higher HR use on Twitter to connect with other HR professionals.
2) An increase in Human Resource blogs (good, just remember to read ours too!)
3) 30% of HR professionals will still not have a profile picture on LinkedIn.
4) Google+ will be more of a social media player.
5) There will be an increase in HR requests for more technology to help manage employees.
Interesting projections from Susan. You can read the article here. Having employees working with social media will become the norm, and sooner rather than later. As companies evolve and customers expect faster and better service, you will see companies having to use social media as another way to interact and service their customers.
At Managepoint, our job is to be your HR department. To do payroll and benefits and training, so you can focus on your business. We also help our customers with corporate direction (like social media decisions and hiring/termination programs). Call us to discuss your company, and how we can help you be more profitable in 2013.