Everyone looks at Human Resources differently. Some companies find HR to be a trusted partner in moving their business forward. Some companies view HR as a necessary evil. Regardless of how your HR department is viewed, there are things that your department must do to keep your company in lockstep with your goals for 2013. While some HR departments are trend setters, and some are status quo, and most are in between, here are five things that ExaByzness.com lists that your HR department must do this year. Read the article here
1. Recruiting is the most important job.- Without new employees, businesses suffer. Always be on the lookout for new talent.
2. Always do what is right for your employees.- HR must be the voice of reason when too much drama hits the office…and too much drama will hit the office.
3. Don’t judge an applicant solely on a resume.- It has been a tough five years for businesses. People have been laid off, been at the wrong job at the wrong time, and taken jobs because of circumstance, not necessarily because it was a good fit. There will be gaps in resumes…and that is ok. Remember the old saying, “don’t judge a book by its cover”
4. Technology is only as good as it’s people.- Common sense works very well with technology. Try to use both.
5. You are not a psychologist.- It’s your job to fix problems in the business, not fix people. Sometimes recruiting a new employee is better than trying to fix a person.
Managepoint does HR for small and medium sized businesses. We do all HR functions for hundreds of companies. From Payroll to training to benefits to administration, we are your outsourced HR department. We have lots of companies that will tell you that we do it better and less expensively than you can do it yourself. Give us a call and let us show you what we can do to make this year your best ever.